- Sleeps 12
- 6 Beds
- 5 Bathrooms
- Child Friendly
- Pet Friendly (up to 3 pets)
- Open fire/log burner
- Outside space
- Pub near by
- Pets Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Allocated Parking
- Swimming Pool
Kitchen / Housekeeping
- Coffee Machine
- Iron and board
- Tumble dryer
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Close to amenities
- Cable / Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- Music System
Children / Infants
- Children Welcome
- Travel Cot available on request
- High Chair available on request
"We had a wonderful 4 night stay at Bowden Lodge. The house is everything I imagined and more. It was the perfect venue for some precious family time with plenty of space, bathrooms and amenities to feel really spoilt. We didn’t have any young children with us but if you did, you would find young children very well catered for. Apart from the beautiful home it is also set in a very spacious garden, with a short 5 minute walk to the beach. I wouldn’t hesitate to book again."
"Bowden Lodge is a beautiful house and even better than the pictures depict. The grounds are lovely and the beach is only a few minutes walk away, some nice pubs along the beachfront too. The house has amazing facilities and we had the most amazing weekend. We’ll definitely be back!"
"Bowden Lodge is a fantastic house with a beautiful garden and pool. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it fully!"
"We were 6 couples and went for three nights commencing the day before New Year's Eve. We took our own food and drink. The house was wonderful, ticked all the boxes. Everything was thought of in the kitchens. Great location as we did lots of lovely walks and some of us played golf. We would highly recommend the property and this part of the world."
"My wife and I rented Bowden Lodge for her 50th birthday for ourselves and our friends. The house was perfect - spacious, comfortable and exactly what we wanted for a relaxing weekend. The games room provided great entertainment whilst the living and dining room accommodated us comfortably. We cannot recommend this property highly enough!"
Bowden Lodge is a large family house situated in the small village of Kingsdown. A short walk away is the beach, where you’ll find views of the White Cliffs, beach huts and seafood at the local pub. Stroll along the coastal path to Deal, for great shops and restaurants and the golf club is on your doorstep for keen golfers.
The Lodge is a converted flint stone barn, nestled in expansive gardens and grounds. While the house has retained much of its rustic charm- exposed brickwork, wooden beams, it’s also gained a few modern touches. With the addition of large TVs, luxurious bathrooms and a pool. There's plenty of room for the whole family or a large group of friends. The Lodge sleeps twelve people, with five doubles and a twin bedroom. There’s no waiting for the shower in the morning, as most of the bedrooms have en suites, and a family bathroom is also on hand with a large bath and power shower.
Large sitting room with a comfy corner sofa and armchair, wood burner, music system, large TV with DVDs.
Wonderful games room with a snooker table, two sofas and a large TV, children's toys.
Well equipped large family kitchen with a large table, aga, dishwasher and Smeg fridge/freezer. Plastic plates for children
Second kitchen/Utility Area
Double oven, gas hob, sink fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and extra cupboard space.
Large farmhouse kitchen table, seats up to twelve people comfortably
Double bed, en suite with large power shower and bath, WC and basin. Dressing area which houses a travel cot
WC and basin
Double bedroom, en suite with power shower, WC and basin
Master bedroom en suite with a power shower and bath, two basins and WC
Large power shower and bath, basin and WC
Double bedroom, en suite with power shower, WC and basin
A wonderful large garden with a secluded swimming pool, which is only open May - September (weather dependent), triple open cart bay garage, stable block and two stables. Weber Gas BBQ available upon request for an additional cost.
The Finer Details
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Infant friendly- there is 1 travel cot and 1 highchair available on request (please bring your own linen for the travel cot, as these are not provided)
- Dog friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcome for an additional charge of £25 per dog. Please refer to your signed terms and conditions for our pet rules.
- This property has a sloping tarmac driveway with parking for up to 4 vehicles.
- Wood-burner is located in formal reception room – guests to supply own logs.
- Terrace area with table, chairs, parasol and large gas BBQ (available in the summer months).
- A supply of gas will be provided, please call us if you need this replenished.
- Outside pool - Please kindly note that the pool closes at the end of September to May (weather dependent - please get in touch for more details).
- Located in a quiet rural area. Please note there are neighbours close by so we ask that you respect their privacy, peace and quiet.
- Disabled access is limited. Wheelchair access is via the sliding doors to the sitting room. The downstairs bedroom/bathroom and games room can be accessed via wheelchair but the house has not been specifically set up for this. Please note that the rest of the house is not wheelchair accessible. There are steps from the sitting room into the dining room/kitchen area.
- Welcome pack is provided.
- This property has a minimum stay of 7 nights.
- We would respectfully ask that the following house rules are adhered to, to avoid any damages to our beautiful holiday home. Should any damages arise please note charges may be taken from your security deposit.
- Smoking is not permitted in the property at any time.
- Please note for insurance purposes the number of guests must not exceed the total occupancy of the house.
- For fire safety reasons please do not use any candles in the property.
- Please note quiet hours are between 11pm and 9am. Please be respectful to neighbours.
- Parties and loud music are not permitted.
- Guests must not use Blu Tack and or Selotape on any of the walls to hang party decorations/banners.
Deal is a unique place, where coast meets country, country meets the town and England meets the Continent. Whatever the time of year, it's a great spot to savour some quality time and glimpse life from a bygone era. You'll find a wealth of independent, quirky shops open all year round, and every Saturday, in the centre of town, a lively market with stalls selling everything from antiques through to cheese and wine.
For generations, artists, designers, writers and musicians have been inspired by the beautiful coastline, chalk cliffs, stunning countryside, smugglers' alleyways, historical heritage and nautical charisma.There's an energetic arts scene with a host of independent galleries, exhibitions and events, whatever the time of year, there's always something exciting happening.
Regardless of whether you are after a casual bite or a full dining experience, Deal's choices of eateries will appeal to all tastes and appetites. Dozens of pubs, cafes and restaurants are making the most of their prime location in the Garden of England using seasonal and locally sourced ingredients including fresh seafood from the surrounding shores.